Gireba or ghreyba This is a cookie we all grew up eating most especially in wedding occasions it is based with butter or vegetable oil.
I wonder where the name came after a after a little research i found that i was originally from caravans and traders that travel in the early days from north African contries like Marocco Algeria and so on
You also can enjoy these amazing cookies at home as the techinique is easy to make at home.
3 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup oil / melted butter
Sesame seeds / Almond
- Mix flour with sugar
- Make a hole in the middle and add oil
- Knead to form a dough keep aside for 5 minutes or you can proceed with the next step directly.
- Take a small amount, roll into a ball shape.
- Now shape the ball into a sphere like shape.
- Top with sesame seeds or blanched almond
- Place on baking paper and bake on preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with tea and enjoy.