Looking for the best breakfast staple, well this will definately do. Its a staple dated back to so many years originally from Austria and popularly in fench bakeries.
Always prefer to make savoury stuffed croissant all the time but you can choose to make a sweet version by filling it with chocolate or even make then plain and enjoy with chocolate dipping sauce.
This measurments yield 8 medium croissants.
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast
Warm milk for kneading
Egg yolk for brushing
- Sift flour with salt in a bowl.
- Add sugar with a fork mix add the yeast and combine.
- Add one egg mix to form a breadcrumb like mixture.
- Gradually add warm milk and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a cling film.
- Keep aside in warm place , allow to rise for one hour.
- Prepare a rolling tin, a board and frozen butter.
- Divide the dough into two, shape into a ball and roll the first dough into a pizza shape
- Grate the butter , fold the dough into half , grate the butter again to form a quart shape .
- Keep and repeat step 9 again for the second dough.
- Take the first dough grate butter on top , then place the second dough and roll lightly.
- Fold , wrap in a cling film place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to rise.
- Defrost the dough, Dust the board with flour.
- Place dough on board and roll into a roung shape . Trim sides to make it a perfect round shape.
- Using a pizza cutter, divide the dough into 8.
- Scoop the mince filling place on top edge of the dough seal the sides and roll.
- Lay on baking tray brush with with egg yolk, sprinkle sesame seedsband black cumin.
- Bake in a preheated oven till croissant are done or golden brown