Zogale or moringa is one of the ancient food known for its vast health benefits. Its called the tree of life . Its been said to be very nutritious and contains antioxidants . The leave and pod of the tree are widely used for traditional herbal medicine as powder or supplements.
I always recall growing up and seeing my mom eating zogale amd other vegetables like yadiya 😃 though they were never my favorites but as i grow to to know the health benefits of each food i eat they became one of my favourites. And i gradually started enjoing the deliciousness they have.
Kwadon zogale (moringa salad) is made with tomatoes onion and kuli kuli (a snacks made from peanut) its grinded into powdered form .
Red chili powder
Green bell pepper chopped
Kuli kuli (peanut snack)
A little oil
1 tsp water
- Remove the moringa leaves from the stems, wash and lay in a pot add water and a little drop of pottash cover and cook till leaves are tender. Or you can just use a steaming pot to steam it till done.
- Drain and set aside to cool
- Mean while grind the kuli kuli
- Mix the kuli kuli with salt red chili blackpeper
- Add water and oil mix ,set aside
- Chop the vegetables add to the moringa leaves
- Now top with the kuli kuli mixture, using a spoon mix
- Serve like that or as a side for rice