This has been there for a very long time . It one of those food that you grow up seeing eating and loving too.
Its usually made with simple spice blend and you can also add daddawa called sumbala or iru a condiment used widely in west african countries originally made from african locust bean (parkia biglobosa). Using thia condiment is optional but you will thank me later when you do try it.
1 kg mutton pieces (or lamb)
Salt to taste
3-5 seasoning cube
2tsp chopped Garlic
1 cup Onion chopped
2 medium Scotch bonnet
1 large Red bell pepper
1 tsp Daddawa/sumbala (optional)
- Blend scotch bonnet, tomatoes and red bell pepper to smooth.
- Pour into a pot and cook on medium flame, remove and set aside.
- Wash lamb place in a pot or pressure cooker.
- Add water, it should cover the meat
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for garlic and 1/2 cup onion
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes
- Add the remaining onion, garlic and adjust taste cover and cook till tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with bread , masa or as it is.