1 bag semolina
2-3 tsp yeast
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Warm water (about 3 -4 cups or more)
2 tbsp diced Onion
Oil for greasing
- In a bowl empty the semolina
- Add yeast and whisk
- Make a well in the centre, add warm water and mix
- Beat well with a wooden spoon to make a sticky thick batter
- Cover and set in a warm place
- Leave to rise for an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the masa pan (tanda), wash and pat dry set aside.
- Now add water to the semolina to made a medium thick batter while stiring
- Add salt, baking powder,sugar and onion.
- Stir, adjust taste and fry.
- To fry set tanda on medium flame, add about 1 tbsp oil to each hole,and scoop the batter into it.
- Fry till golden brown turn to cook the other side .
- When done remove and transfer into servinng plates.
- Serve with mutton peppersoup, egusi soup or taushe soup