Anyone up for an international dessert something that melt right in your mouth and give you the good feeling you get everytime you are having a dessert , this is the perfect one👌
600 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp custard powder(vanilla flavour)
1/2 cup sugar
For the caramel
11/2- 2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Now i usually steam my cream caramel i find it to yield the best outcome for me.
- Make the caramel by mixing sugar with water, place on meduim flame and allow to dissolve.
- The caramel shoul be brown but do not burn it
- Pour the caramel into a large remekins/ bowl and set aside.
- Next put the milk on flame on low heat.
- Bring it to boil meanwhile beat egg with sugar, custard, vanilla.
- As the milk boil pour it into the egg mixture and whisk .
- Transfer the custard into the caramel bowl.
- Get a large pot with water put on flame (make a waterbath).
- Cover the custard bowl and place into the water bath
- Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes.
- When done remove from bath set aside to cool.
- Using a large plate, place on the bowl top and turn upside.
- Place creme caramel in fridge and serve later
*You can top caramel with whipped cream
*for the bowl i used a local bowl poppularly known as samira in Hausa.