This is a savoured kind of pancake. Its relatively one of the most common street food in Hausa states of Nigeria. Its eaten with yaji (a kind of pepper made with gounding red chili with salt and bouillon cubes). It is safe to say its a powdered dip for some snacks😃. Its mostly fried using palm oil but can also subtitute vegetable oil for it. Hope you all like it
3 Cups flour
Salt to taste
3 – 3 1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp aromat
1 tsp red chili or yaji
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
2-3 thread saffron
Palm Oil or vegetable oil for frying
- Sift flour add salt and mix
- Make a hole and add in the eggs
- Add the water and mix to make a batter
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix
- Adjust salt to your taste
- Heat pan add about 1 tbsp oil and heat.
- Scoop about half cup batter and fry both sides.
- Serve with onion and tomato sauce.